How are you doing today? I hope this post sees you feeling fantabulous!!!! Good news I bring to you my kin!!! In less than a week we will finally be graced by Christmas day!!! Yaaay finally! Though I know for some of you the finally may be more of a finally it comes to an end than a celebratory finally.
In any case, I will continue to soak up the Christmas cheer and holiday joy until the last drop of Christmas is squeezed out of me. Today I bring you a short and sweet post about my absolute FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVOOOOOOOOUUUURRRRIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTEEE Christmas songs. I’m talking about the tunes I hum and joyfully belt out as soon as I hear them being played. Some are beautiful ballads, others are holiday classics, there are a few pop songs and even a funny Christmas rendition. All in all these are the songs I most look forward to each year around the Christmas time. Ready to hear them??? Leh go!!!
- First on the list is the Queen songstress, Mariah Carey with her rendition of ‘All I want for Christmas is you’. This body rocking and toe tapping rendition is just what everyone needs to get them into the Christmas spirit.
2. The song ‘Winter Wonderland’ has been a favourite of mine for years!!! So much so that my little sister and I literally looked up the lyrics years ago so that we could belt it out wherever we go! From the classic Dean Martin rendition to a more modern version by Michael Buble, this song just keeps me merry all season long.
3. Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! This is another absolute favourite of mine. It’s the type of song you cuddle up with your loved ones and sing along to the catchy tune.
4. And this Christmas will be a very special Christmas for meeeeee!!! *Hum hum hum hum hum hum* Chris Brown may have some problems but singing is definitely not one. This songbird can serenade anyone with his smooth alluring vocals and ‘This Christmas’ is the perfect example of the beautiful voice that is Chris Brown.
5. ‘On the first day of Christmas my baby brought to me ………’ It seems like superstar group Destiny’s Child can honestly do no wrong. Powerhouses as a group and successful as solo artists in their own right and their accolades could go on forever. But this sweet rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas is one of my absolute favourite Christmas songs!!!
6. Now I don’t know if this is considered a Christmas song per say but I could NOT leave this off my list of favourites. This hilarious rendition of 12 Days of Christmas by Frank Kelly is absolutely hilarious. I’ve heard it every year on the radio for years and it never stops being hilarious. Just look at the excerpt below and you won’t regret a listen.
What are you trying to do to us ? It isn’t that we don’t appreciate your generosity but the six geese have not alone nearly murdered the calling birds but they laid their eggs on top of the vet’s head from the pear-tree and his bill was £68 in cash ! My mother is munching 60 grains of Valium a day and talking to herself in a most alarming way. You must keep your feelings for me in check. Gobnait
Now I know this list can’t possibly cover the myriad of my Christmas songs that have been produced over the years, much less all the Christmas songs ever, but these 6 songs bring me absolute joy and put me in them feels every single time and I wanted to share them with you.
So how about you? What are your favourite Christmas songs? Saw any of them on this list? Leave a comment below or catch up with me on social media. I love hearing from you guys. Ta ta for now.