HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! We’ve made it to another year and I’m happy for us to continue on this journey together!!!
I was reading on the blog Reading with Jessica the other day and I noticed she was participating in a blog thread called Top Ten Tuesday. I was like that’s a pretty cool blog prompt and I need to join. Unfortunately, I was a little late for last week’s prompt but I made sure to remember to participate in this week’s blog thread.
This week’s theme is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017
My love for reading was revived in of 2017 and I’m happy to say that I was blessed to read some amazing books by some spectacular authors. Whether it was a debut book or a seasoned author, this is the list of the wonderful creatives I fell for in 2017.
- Melanie Summers – If you’ve already read my reviews on her The Crown Jewels books series, then you know that these were two of my favourite books in 2017 that I couldn’t stop raving about.
2. Nana Malone – My love for contemporary romance saw me traversing the seas and expanding my horizons to find new authors to feed my soul, and one such author was Nana Malone. A seasoned veteran in her own right, her books although sometimes frustrating were perfect for some relaxing reading.
3. Gabourey Sidibe – The famed ‘Precious’ actress has added another hat to her list of talents as she wrote her debut book, ‘This is Just My Face. Try Not to Stare’. I really liked this book and found it to be a great 2017 read.
4. Victoria Aveyard – As soon as I saw the cover for the Red Queen, I absolutely fell in love and I bought the 3 books available in the series immediately. I absolutely can’t wait ‘War Storm’ to come out! Woot! Woot!
5. Trevor Noah – One of my absolutely favourite comedians writes a book and I don’t get a copy? Yeah like that’s going to happen. His book wittily titled, ‘Born a crime’ is a great all around book filled with tales of his life in South Africa and how he transformed his life into the famed comedian he is now. Truly a great book!
6. Jen Sincero – After years of saying I’ll read the book ‘You are a Badass’ I finally did! Yay me!! It took me a while to read but it didn’t disappoint! Have you read it yet?
7. Nicole McLaren Campbell – This gem comes straight from my home country of Jamaica. This famed educator and Princeton University alumni shares her journey of self-discovery and how she overcame her fears to make it count at the different stages of her life.
8. Mel Robbins – I first saw this motivational speaker and author on her Tedx Talk where she wowed me with her captivating speech about changing our lives. So guess what I did next? I got not one but 2 books from her. I admit sometimes the books seemed a little informercially but still had some great ideas that were worth discovering.
9. Cindi Madsen – I truly loved her book ‘Cinderella Screwed Me Over’!!! The book title and awesome book cover may have attracted me to the book, but I’m happy to say the story was also great. An amazing author and I’m happy I was introduced to her in 2017.
10. Donna Joy Usher – Another contemporary romance maverick that I met and fell for in the year 2017 was Donna Joy Usher. Her book ‘Seven steps to closure’ was the book to resume my relationship with contemporary romance and I’m so happy I did!
So how about you? Did you discover any new authors this year? Who were they? I love hearing from you guys. Leave your comments below!!!
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH
GET SOCIAL WITH ME!
Facebook: As Told By Nella
Twitter: As Told By Nella
Instagram: As Told By Nella