How are you doing today? Happy HUMP DAY!!!!! I hope this post finds you feeling absolutely amazing!!!
Last year the absolutely wonderful Lena from Lena Dee XO nominated me for my very first Liebster Blog Award!!! Woo-hoo!!! *twerk twerk twerk twerk twerk* I’m super excited for this nomination. I absolutely love my twitter fam and I’m so happy for their love and support!!! They have really made blogging so much more exhilarating and rewarding!!!
So what in heaven’s name is the Liebster Award anyways?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Basically the Liebster Award lends support and helps create a buzz for some worthy new bloggers with a small following. It helps connect people and it’s a great way to learn more about the hardworking people behind the blogs. After your nomination you have a small and simple set of rules to follow in order to keep the engagement high and circulate some love.
Got it now? So let’s begin shall we!
1. What inspired you to start a blog and what is your blog about?
I started blogging initially because I loved poetry and telling stories and I wanted a place to share my writing with the world. I wanted the chance to share myself with as many people as possible and to hopefully inspire others.
Over the years, my voice and inspiration for has changed and as a result so has the theme of my blog. My blog is now a Personal and Lifestyle blog where I mainly review products and books and share tips and tricks that I feel will be helpful to others.
2. How did you find your initial blogging journey?
When I started blogging I was surprised to know how many people I had actually made an impact on. Many of my classmates actually read and supported me, as well as my friends and family. But, as it relates to the actual journey, I find it to be hard. There are soooo many blogs out there and sometimes it’s a challenge to be seen and heard. Plus finding the time to blog while having a full time job and having the motivation to write posts can all be daunting.
3. If you could morph into one animal, what would it be?
Hmmm…. this one is a difficult one because I love many animals. I would say I’d embody my Zodiac sign and morph into a LION! ** ROAR** Man it’s good to be the Queen of the Jungle!
(PS Shoutout to the Animorphs book series. Transforming humans, one book at a time).
4. If you were given one (1) wish to be granted this week what would it be?
For infinite wishes of course!!!!! Then I can really have some time to itemize my hearts truest desires!
5. What are three (3) things on your bucket list?
My bucket list is almost as long as my TBR list to be honest. But…. the Top 3 things on my bucket list are: 1. To go skydiving 2. Travel the world 3. Get married and have an amazing family full of love and support
6. Who’s your favorite character?
Hmmm… My Favourite Book Chaacter has to the accident-prone, potty-mouth, less-than-graceful heroine, Tessa Sharpe from the Melanie Summers’ two part book series, A Crown Jewels Romantic Comedy. She is witty, honest and totally hilarious and I felt like she was a true-to-nature character I could relate to!
Favourite TV show character is Christina Yang from Grey’s Anatomy. She’s confident, knows what she wants, a brilliant surgeon, a great friend and she’s just an all around amazing gal. She is my spirit animal.
7. If you could star in any movie what would it be?
I would want to star in White Chicks alongside the Wayans Brothers. That movie is seriously hilarious and looks like it was a good time to make. IF not White Chicks, then I’d love to star in one of the bajillion Fast & Furious movies that are coming out. (Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Ludacris……… Call me!!!)
8. What would you say is your best attribute?
I think my best attribute is that I am a very determined person and once I set my mind on something, nothing can stop me.
9. Any useful tips you’d like to share with aspiring bloggers or dreamers?
I would say the key to blogging is to STAY CONSISTENT. I know it is hardwork and you can be demotivated when you aren’t getting the views you want, but keep working at it. Hone your skills, invest time in your craft, keep learning as you go along and keep producing and showing your creativity and it will definitely payoff. Oh and use social media, that certainly helps to get the word out about your blog posts!
10. If you had an alter ego what would you name him/her?
I would name her Dr. Diva. She is powerful, fierce and ready to take the world by storm!!!
11. If you had $1000 what would you splurge on?
If I had a $1000 USD I would definitely either invest it or use it to pay off some of my car loan. Splurging can wait, I don’t want these modern-day pirates on my case for long!
Now for a few random facts about me!
- I have 2 sisters, both younger
- I love to travel and see new places, meet new people
- I’m a HUGE foodie! I love to try new food and my mouth is always watering for some scrumptious delights
- I find cleaning therapeutic and when I can’t sleep or feel bored, I clean.
- I’m a LEO!!!
- I’m a thrill seeker so I’m always down to have fun.
- I love DIY projects and to find new purposes for old things
- I watch Christmas movies year-round. I find them to be the perfect Sunday evening watch (Shoutout to Hallmark Channel for feeding my cravings!!)
- I love nail polishes and I’m a little bit of a nail polish hoarder
- I love to dance
- I was named after Ornella Muti an Italian actress, once voted “The Most Beautiful Woman in the World”
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are my questions for you:
- What inspired you to start a blog and what is your blog about?
- Any useful tips you’d like to share with aspiring bloggers or dreamers?
- Do you prefer movies or books?
- What is your dream vacation?
- If you were a Superhero/Supervillain, who would you be? Be creative!
- If you were on a desert island, what 3 items would you want with you? (You have water/food. Doesn’t count.)
- If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
- What kid’s movie, were you scared of as a child, but like now?
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
- If it were your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
- If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would that be?
My Nominations go to:
1. Maddie from Tiger Lily Diary
2. Kerona from Ms Sparkle and Glow
3. Dee from My Dee Dees Diary
4. Mimi from Glitz and Glitter
5. Toni from The Swiss Freis
6. Lanay from Not A Fit Chick
7. Kendra from The Scarlet Journey
I can’t wait to read your answers!!!!
Whew! That was a long one! Thanks for sticking around and I hope you had a great read!
If you enjoyed the post, make sure to hit the “like” button below, leave a comment, and share on Social Media. I love hearing from you guys !!!
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH