SAY GOODBYE TO DIRTY MAKEUP BRUSHES
Happy Monday!!!! It’s MONSLAY!!! It’s the start of a brand new week and that means you have another week of amazing opportunities ahead of you.
How was your weekend? I hope it was ah-may-zing! and that you feel refreshed and ready to take on the week ahead.
I looooooooove playing around with makeup! It’s truly one of the most amazing things one can do. Trying new products to enhance your beauty. While using amazing new colours to make your features pop. Finding new ways to SLAY and create killer looks that you’re not only proud of but also inspired by. You feel like ‘I did the damn thing!!!’
However, what isn’t so fun is the aftermath and clean up. And by clean up I’m specifically talking about cleaning makeup brushes. A necessary time-consuming evil, cleaning your makeup brushes is an important part of any makeup lovers’ routine. Dirty makeup brushes are just a big NO NO!!!!
BUT LET’S FACE IT…….. We don’t exactly clean our makeup brushes as often as we should!!!
Our dirty little secret is out and we can’t deny that many of us skip cleaning our brushes one too many times. Because it’s such a completely mundane task, most of us dread having to do it!!! Yet, it’s oh so important. Oh how small things have big impacts.
Cleaning brushes regularly removes makeup, dirt, oil and those ever yucky bacteria that build up on the bristles over time. These can clog your pores and result in breakouts. Plus cleaning brushes regularly makes them last longer while helping our makeup to look cleaner and fresher when it’s applied.
So…. Are you ready to clean those brushes now?!!! Great! Well no need for those expensive makeup cleansers!!! Look no further than your house for an efficient and cost-effective makeup brush cleaner. It’s fast, easy and only contains 2 ingredients, so even the busiest of moguls can keep their brushes squeaky clean.
What you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Antibacterial soap
- A small dish in which to mix both ingredients
Now let’s get down to business:
- In the small dish, mix together the soap with the olive oil.
- Wet your brushes slightly (preferably with lukewarm water), then dip your brushes in the mixture one by one, coating them thoroughly.
- Twist and dab them around in the solution, scrubbing your makeup troubles away.
- Next, run the brushes under water thoroughly until no soap residue remains and blot them in tissue/paper towel. Repeat the cleaning process if makeup residue still appears.
- Once clean, hang the brushes with the bristles facing down to dry. This helps to preserve the bristles as it prevents water from running back into the brush handle and loosening the glue that keeps the bristles together.
How often should you clean your brushes:
There’s a good amount of controversy as to how frequently to clean your makeup brushes. With some recommending as often as after every use to as infrequently as once a month.
While I do think how often you wash your brushes should be based on how often you use them and how much product is used, I think a safe time frame of weekly to every 2 weeks is a good choice for effective cleaning of your brushes.
Now go ahead and give your brushes the much needed TLC they deserve. Your skin and your brushes will thank you!!! Happy cleaning!!!
So how about you? Do you clean your makeup brushes regularly? Have any more killer DIYS or beauty tips you’d like to share? Leave a comment or 2 down below. I love hearing from you! Ta Ta Until next time.
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH
GET SOCIAL WITH ME!
Facebook: As Told By Nella
Twitter: As Told By Nella
Instagram: As Told By Nella